Lieve is part of the Més-aventures dvd compilation including moving and narrative images.
Attempts to appropriate, impersonate and understand phenomena that move me. A sketch: an entry, a direction, a gesture, a sign, both planned and spontaneous. definition inspired by the book 'the voice of drawing' Lieve, (Dear,) is an ode to the written word (the grown-up little scribble that simply is voice, vision and venture all at once) and to handwriting (the spirited and deeply personal deed that feeds the layered and founded dialogue I yearn for).
Lieve, is the visualization of a quest for a very fine element of handwriting: care-fullness; a specific kind of liveliness filled with care. Lieve was shown during the Dutch Design Week 2005 in MU Witte Dame, Eindhoven. The Dutch Queen Beatrix liked Lieve, very much (she still writes all her letters by hand too).
A sketch *) : an entry, a direction, a gesture, a sign, both planned and spontaneous. *) definition inspired by the book 'the voice of drawing'
- Brief Formulate a vision or a wish for the today's Dutch identity
- Work Scenario, installation, documentation
- Media The space of a short story (20"), one-line table (écritoire)
- Camera & Editing Erik Nap
- Commissioner Design Platform Eindhoven c/o Thijs Bakker Year 2005